Sometimes, it can be difficult to think through all the implications of bringing a pet home when that wonderfully cute fur-ball is giving lots of puppy kisses! Especially when you meet him or her for the first time and it can feel like an instant bond forms. Bringing in a dog to be a part of your family is rich with blessings and benefit so this article is a helpful guide to thinking through the responsibilities and commitments of this decision as well.
The article, “6 Things I Wish I Knew Before Getting A Dog” covers the following topics in more detail:
1. Research breeds before choosing a dog.
2. Get ready to sacrifice your time.
3. If you have kids, schedule a home visit before adopting or buying.
4. They can cost you — a lot.
5. Puppy training is tough stuff.
6. They become a part of the family.
Click here to read the full, excellent, article.
Question: What was it like when you brought home your furry bundle of joy?