- OUR SERVICES
- ABOUT US
- KITTY CITY
- DOG FOOD
They are beautiful but traditional holiday plants used to liven up your Christmas decor may be potential pet hazards. This article, “HOLIDAY PLANTS THAT ARE POISONOUS TO PETS” by JANET TOBIASSEN CROSBY, DVM is worth the read. From the article:
“Bright ornamental plants are a great way to dress up the house during the holidays and a dreary winter. Pet owners should be aware, however, that many of these common plants are poisonous to pets.
Toxicity ranges from mild to severe, and the amount of plant consumed determines how sick a pet may become. In general, gastrointestinal upset is the most common finding, but if enough plant material is ingested, seizures, coma or death is possible. Read this Quick Tip to familiarize yourself with holiday poisonous plants.
Naturally curious puppies and kittens and pets may want to sample some of the new-in-the-house greens. Dose is size-dependent, so puppies and kittens are most often at greatest risk for plant poisonings…”
CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE. In it you will find that Poinsettias aren’t good but don’t live up to the urban legend. You will also learn more about the effects of mistletoe, holly, lilies, daffodils, and even the Christmas tree on curious pets might bite off more than they can handle.