At Dogville Daycare & Boarding, senior dogs and special needs dogs are our specialty!
Comfort Care for Senior Dogs or Special Needs Dogs
Is your dog recuperating from an injury, surgery or other medical condition, but doesn’t need veterinary hospitalization? We can help. Comfort Care was designed to offer the extra support and monitoring your dog’s needs when staying at our dog day care and boarding while you work or travel.
Email or fax a copy of your veterinarian’s discharge instructions and we will be glad to monitor your dog, provide nursing care for outpatient conditions, and administer medications according to your pet’s prescription.
Comfort Care Services
These are some of the conditions that would qualify for our Comfort Care dog boarding or dog daycare.
Daily nursing care, medication administration and monitoring for-
- Post-operative care
- Wound management
- Additional support for dogs that are deaf, blind or have limited mobility
- Thunderstorm or fireworks anxiety
- Complex medical conditions like diabetes, epilepsy
Advanced senior care – Nursing Care, medication, & monitoring for-
- Urinary or fecal incontinence
- Canine cognitive disorder (senility)
- Hospice Care
- Medical conditions such as arthritis, epilepsy, or diabetes
Dogs must be approved by Dr.McNac before being eligible for this service.
Comfort Care Dog Day Care
Worried about leaving your senior or special needs dog at home all day or night while you work? Consider our comfort care dog day care as a solution. Owners are interviewed by Dr. McNac to determine the type and level of doggy daycare needed and find out what is working at home to make your dog happy and comfortable. We take this information, along with the history of physical limitations, anxiety, pain or other challenges and formulate a plan that will keep your dog comfortable and engaged during their day. For example, a Comfort Care canine guest visiting our doggy daycare may enjoy spending time interacting with another dog carefully selected for compatibility. Another dog might enjoy watching group play or spending time outdoors in the spacious back yard with a caregiver. We take the time to observe your dog’s comfort level at our dog daycare center and do all we can to make their experience as close to home as possible.
Comfort Care Dog Boarding
We know that owners of dogs with physical or medical limitations are apprehensive about leaving them, even for a day. We interview each owner extensively to assess the best way to meet your dog’s needs on a daily basis, so you can have peace of mind while your pet stays in our boarding kennels when you are away. Dogs are assigned a caregiver to monitor food and water intake, urine and fecal output and medication schedules are carefully followed. Dog boarding suites are spacious and designed with your dog’s comfort in mind. With our 24 hour care, you don’t need to worry about your dog being left alone overnight or on weekends. Daily reports keep you in touch with your dog’s routine while you are away and your special companion stays at our cage free dog boarding kennels.
Requirements for Comfort Care
- Each owner is interviewed by Dr. McNac to determine the level of care needed for comfort care guests.
- Eligible dogs must be under the care of a licensed veterinarian for medical, post-operative or hospice care, and medications supplied by owner
- Discharge instructions from your veterinarian or emergency clinic must be submitted for nursing care related to surgery or injury.
- For senior dogs, Dr. McNac will work with each owner to formulate a plan for monitoring and providing appropriate rest and exercise during their dog boarding or dog daycare stay.
- A caregiver will be assigned to each Comfort Care canine guest.
Pricing for Comfort Care
Pricing depends on level of care needed, but pricing starts at $40 for full day daycare and $45/night for Comfort Care boarding